We were the first moving company in Ohio to offer an exact price ala cart move estimate. Each piece of furniture and box has a set cost, so you only pay for the work performed regardless of the length of time for the move. However if you are more comfortable, we still offer the hourly rate move as well. Our no nonsense pricing options give you the flexibility of controlling the price of your move. There are no hidden fees or nasty surprises. Our price includes travel, tolls, taxes, fuel, trucks, equipment, materials, etc.
You will be notified of your price in advance, so you can customize the move to your budget. Want to add more boxes or furniture to you inventory? Even on the move day, you can add any item for the set cost of that piece without negating the original estimate. If we don't end up moving an item off of the inventory, you get that money back!
Our moves include:
- fully equipped trucks with high quality moving blankets for every piece of furniture
- disassemble and reassemble of furniture when necessary
- insurance of your household goods
- protection of floors, railings, banisters, doors and door jambs
- placing the furniture and boxes in each room where you want
- open and honest communication throughout the moving process
We can do any size move from a studio apartment with only large pieces moved to a full house with furniture, boxes, packing and unpacking. Our quotes are binding and in writing, through e-mail, fax or mail.
Selecting a local mover
Deciding what moving company you want and trust to move your valuable possessions can be difficult.
This is not the time to be shy!
Make sure you fully understand the services the moving company offers and the rate at which those services can be provided.
Below is a list of questions you should ask your mover as you shop for the perfect fit.
- Is your moving company licensed?
- Does your company charge by the piece or by the hour?
- Do you have a minimum charge?
How do you charge after the minimum is met -- in 15-minute increments or every half hour?
- Do you charge extra for larger items such as piano moving, large screen televisions?
- Do you charge for extra flights of stairs?
This is not unusual
- Do you charge for the travel time from yourwarehouse to my home?
- Do you charge extra for moves in the evenings or on the weekends?
- What payment options do you offer?
Many companies require a deposit.
- Do you have full-time employees or do you use temps and day labor?
Be cautious of companies that use temps or day labor because they may not be properly insured.
- What kind of training have your movers and drivers completed?
- Are items insured during the move?
Even if a mover is bonded and insured, it doesn't mean that your items are covered during the move. Some states require that a company put a minimum valuation of 60¢ per pound of coverage.
- What kind of cancellation policy do you offer?
You should always be able to cancel or postpone until a few days before your move.
- Do you offer free moving quotes?
For homes larger than three bedrooms, try to get an on-site estimate done. Be thorough in identifying all the items you need moved. Don't forget the basement and the attic.
- Do you have any suggestions on how to make the move easier?
Movers who care about customer service and making your move a positive experience will do all they can to help you.
- Do you have a contact number for the day of the move should any challenges arise?